My sister is in town so I'm a little late with this one. Lucky for me, it's a holiday weekend, so I'm hoping none of you noticed. Shavonne jumped on the mic and helped me out and for that I am grateful. Even if she did rock this shit in her jammies and a mouth guard.
“Love Me or Hate Me” by Lady SovereignAs usual, the podcast is available throught RSS or iTunes. Here are the appropriate links:
“Holland, 1945” by Neutral Milk Hotel
“Paris 1919” by John Cale
“Notorious” by Turbulence
“Atlantis to Interzone” by The Klaxons
“Feelin’ Good Again” by Robert Earl Keen
“Hoppipolla” by Sigur Ros
“We Feel Safer at Night” by Takka Takka
“Rollin’ and Tumblin’” by Bob Dylan
“Grey Cell Green” by Ned’s Atomic Dustbin
“Nightswimming” by REM
“Get Myself Into It” by The Rapture
“Bump” by Spank Rock
* Click here to subscribe to the podcast via iTunes.And for you folks that poo poo the enhanced podcast, here's the mp3 for episode nine:
* Click here to visit the "Pleasing To Your Ears" page in the iTunes Music Store, where you can pick and choose from available episodes.
* McCarren Pool PartiesThat's it for episode nine. Please tell your friends. Please tell me what you think. Please link on your blogs. Please tune in next week.
* Wikipedia entry on "chav"
* Wikipedia on Rastafari Movement
* "Children of Men" trailer
* New Yorker article about the difficulty of interviewing Bob Dylan