Monday, September 11, 2006

Listen: Podcast Apology

Fucked Up

My sister is still in town so I'm otherwise indisposed to do normal things and meet normal obligations. That is why I've got no podcast ready for you this morning. It'll be ready Tuesday night, don't you fret. I may be late, but that's no excuse to forget the whole bloody operation.

In the meantime, I've got a few tunes to hold you over. In 1995, Sonic Youth release Washing Machine. The last track, "The Diamond Sea (mp3)", ran 19 minutes and 37 seconds. I listened to it again and again in middle school, struck dumb with the realization that not all songs had to be three and a half minutes long. The Yeah Yeah Yeahs recently covered "Diamond Sea (mp3)" for an acoustic iTunes session. Both are splendid. Make a list! Compare and contrast! Share with your friends!

No comments: