Sunday, October 15, 2006

Workout: 10.15.06

I am working on a series of 2-4 color prints. The genesis for this project comes from this series of Victorian wallpapers that I thought would make for a great background, especially if I incorporated the opaque Silver Swirl ink I purchased last week from Standard Supply. I wasn't sure what I wanted to print over the wallpaper (shoes? suicide implements? portraits?). I eventually struck on an idea I'm happy with. The series will feature a lot of shadowy figures defacing the wallpaper with cryptic graffiti and sloganeering. I'm still unsure on how the whole thing will come together, but I plan on spending a great deal of time in the studio after work this week sorting it all out. Click on the image below for a larger res of the design.

Workout

No comments: