Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Type Video

For our "Just Type" class, we have an ongoing project that is due at the end of the semester. Were constructing music videos that are black and white and only use type. If you want a background, you gotta build it outta type. You want characters? Type people. You get the idea. I'm animating "Heimdalsgate Like a Promethean Curse" by Of Montreal. My storyboarding consists of a withdrawn, drug-addled capital "A" taking a magic pill that transforms him into his drug-fueled alter ego. It's full blown psychedelia, baby. After presenting the idea and storyboards in class, I'm fairly confident that many of my contemporaries mistook me for a fan of hardcore hallucinogens. It must've been the bit about the "A" vomiting up a puddle of letters which then sprout insect legs to form a line of lyrics from the song. Below are some storyboards and a very rough screen test. I'll nix the commentary and leave the interpretation to you as this project has a couple of months before it's worth watching.

Type VidType VidType VidType Vid

Click here to peep the screen test. Three seconds of animated motion graphics have never been more exciting!

No comments: